Mega Millions is an American lottery game that is offered in over 44 states, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the District of Columbia. In 2002, the first Mega Millions lottery draw was made. The jackpot starts at $15 million. If the winner selects the “Annuity Option”, the jackpot gets funded in 30 graduated years. The instalments keep increasing at the rate of 5% each year! You can also claim the price all at once with the “One Time option”.
In order to select the winning numbers, Mega Millions employs a 5/75 “White Balls” plus 1/15 "Mega Ball" double matrix. The Mega Million lottery is drawn on Tuesday and Friday evenings at 11:00 p.m., including holidays.
In 2013 drawing, Mega Millions jackpot prize was worth $648 million. It was the second best to $656 million annuity value that was drawn in the year 2012.
You can enjoy Mega millions online in over 44 states, including California, Washington, DC, Illinois, Louisiana, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia and Wisconsin. And, what’s more, you can even play if you don't live in the United States of America
How to Play Mega millions
Can't wait to enjoy the game of Mega Millions? You can instantly enjoy Mega Millions by playing online now at PlayLottoWorld.com! Double the excitement with Megaplier and increase your chances of winning today! No matter where on Earth you live in, you can indulge in this easy, thrilling and legal online lottery game.
1. All you need to do is to choose a total of six numbers. You can select them randomly. Also, you can go through the historical winning combinations and carefully pick your numbers accordingly.
2. You select five different numbers between 1 and 75 that are also called as “White Balls”.
3. You choose one number between 1 and 15 also referred as the "Mega Ball".
4. As Mega Ball is drawn from a separate number pool, it can be same as one of the White Ball numbers.
5. You can also employ the “Quick pick” option for availing randomly generated numbers.
6. You can submit or add the numbers to your basket and make the final purchase.
7. Each play is $1.00. In case you opt for a Megaplier, an extra $1.00 is charged per ticket.
8. You will be informed about the purchase via a confirmation mail.
Winning Results for Mega Millions
6 numbers are pulled out from the draw under the supervision of the Georgia Lottery.
Winning results are published on the site.
Winners are sent individual mails.
With fewer numbers, you can still win prizes but, pay-outs scale up the more numbers you have.
In order to avail your lottery, claim it on time as the entry cut-off times and prize claiming windows vary from state to state.